Skip to main content

"JOB APPLICANT" (unpleasant experience)

Business Owners and Companies spend long hours building a company's good reputation. They almost provide everything needed to make their staff and personnel the best in the business. But there is one piece that their companies may have overlooked. How well they treated the people they don't hire?.

Unfortunately, I am one of the victims of one of those companies that lacks professionalism, kindness and common courtesy to their applicants. Just to illustrate this I will tell you my story and how it happened. I share this not to maligned the company's reputation but help them instead in the future with regards to proper dealing with their applicants.

It was November 23, 2010 at 3:29 pm when I got a text message from PNI-KMPG INC., a Call Center Company operating in the Philippines. This is exactly the text message I received from them, '' HI, THIS IS FROM PNI-KMPG INC., PLEASE REPORT TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2010, AT 9AM, FOR YOUR INITIAL AND FINAL INTERVIEW, AND LOOK FOR ROCHEL THANKS.''


I really wanted to work as call center agent and I tried my best to equip myself with the skills needed to be qualified as call center agent. I read bunch of newspapers, listen to you tube, just in order for me to neutralize my accent and sounds like Americans. I also attended 10 days intensive trainings to improve my English Communication skills. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

To make my story short, I showed up for the interview, and the interviewer who conducted my initial interview, told me to be back at 10pm. I was really excited and went there riding my motorcycle. Along the way I got lost because it is my first time to go there using my bike. But nonetheless I got there too early in spite of what happened to me in the road. Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album

The receptionist told me to log in again, because he was not able to find my resume and application form. That day alone I handed 2 resume and filled up an application form twice. The clock ticks slowly specially for someone like me who waits for my turn to be interviewed.

The clock reach 10pm, but no one approached me while I sit in the waiting area. Then the clock hands reached the 12pm mark still no one is approaching me. The receptionist told me just to wait. In my desperation, I stand, look for someone to talk to that will explain to me what is happening on and why I was not interview. 

A certain guy in the name of LEO told me to give him a few minutes and he will assigned someone to talk to me. But the guy I have conversation with told me that the one who interviewed me is not from their account and he has no knowledge with regards with my set final interview then he left me still confused.

Just right before I leave a certain woman arrive and the receptionist told me that the newly arrive woman is the one in-charged of conducting the final interview. The receptionist told her that I am waiting for my final interview. After a few minutes the receptionist told me that they are very sorry for letting me waited for several hours and that I did not pass the interview. 

I let you my dear readers and friends and those Call Center Companies and the Management of PNI-KMPG, if it is the right way to treat applicants?. Being rejected is one of the setback we need to get rid off in the back of our mind, much more being treated without respect and dignity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"SALUBONG" - SEMANA SANTA 2019

I WAS RAISED AS ROMAN CATHOLIC BY MY PARENTS. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, I WAS CONVERTED TO BAPTIST. THEN MY JOURNEY AS A BIBLE BELIEVER AND MY CURIOSITY TO KNOW RELIGION BECOMES STRONGER.  I FOUND MYSELF STUDYING THE BIBLE IN BETHANY BAPTIST BIBLE COLLEGE IN DIAN ST. MAKATI CITY. THERE, I FINISHED MY BASIC BIBLE COURSE. THEN I PURSUE MY BACHELOR OF THEOLOGY DEGREE IN CENTRAL BIBLE COLLEGE. I ALSO TOOK SPECIAL COURSES IN PRESBYTERIAN THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY WHERE I FINISH MY SPECIAL COURSE IN THEOLOGY. I HEARD ABOUT "SALUBONG" DURING SEMANA SANTA, AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, SEEN THIS DURING MY CHILDHOOD BUT MY MEMORIES HAS BEEN ERASED BY SO MANY NEW INPUTS ENTERED TO MY BRAIN. FROM A REFORMED CATHOLIC VIEW AND FROM WHAT I WITNESSED THIS MORNING, LET ME TELL YOU THE STORY OF THE "SALUBONG".  THE WHOLE CHRISTIANITY WAS SADDENED BY THE NEWS OVER THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST THROUGH CRUCIFIXION MUCH MORE MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS BEAR THE PAIN.

FIRE DANCERS OF PUERTO GALERA

IF YOU HAPPEN TO SPEND YOUR REST AND RECREATION IN WHITE SAND BEACH RESORT OF PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES, YOUR DAY WILL NEVER BE COMPLETED WITHOUT SEEING THE FIERY PERFORMANCE OF FIRE DANCERS OF PUERTO GALERA WHO DANCES TO ENTERTAIN THEIR GUESTS ON DONATION BASIS ONLY. THIS VIDEO IS COURTESY OF MY FRIEND MS. FRANCES KATHLEEN REYES FERRER. I PERSONALLY ENJOY THIS AND HOPE THAT MY READERS WILL ALSO LIKE IT. SO ENJOY WATCHING THIS VIDEO.

WHAT HAS BEEN BROKEN IS BROKEN

"Nothing is ever truly broken". That is the philosophy behind the ancient Japanese Arts of Kintsugi, which repairs smashed pottery by using beautiful seams of gold. This practice started way, way back in the 15th Century when Japanese Military Commander Ashikaga Yoshimasa accidentally broke one of his favorite Chinese tea pot. (picture taken from BBC Arts Get Creative) Because he loves so much the tea pot, Commander Yoshimasa went to repair shop to get it fixed.But he was dismay over the result. From then on, Japanese Craftsmen come up with more pleasing method of repair. As you can see it from the illustration above and because of the treatment and application being applied no trace of evidence that it was formerly broken into pieces. I wish that this method of fixing broken teapots either made of glass or ceramic can also be applied in our relationship once it was broken into pieces. Carrie Jones, Entice said;"You know, life fractures us all into little p