Skip to main content

HUSBAND (Imported from Melanie T. Lim)

I read a blog entitled husband for sale. She added it is not expensive but very cheap in fact the price is negotiable. What made her do that my guess is good as yours. Then I read this ones also for our personal evaluation.

Where do you find good ones? I've been asked so many times. Well, how would I know? I never found one for myself.

What's a good husband, anyway? Someone who runs at your bidding? That would be your dog. Someone who lets you shop till you drop? That would be your father. Someone who listens to your never-ending woes? That would be your best friend. Someone who loves you no matter what?That would be your mother. Someone who knows exactly how to bring you pleasure? That would be you.

I think men who make good husbands abound. But what is good for one woman is not necessarily good for all. One man can make one woman, a good husband. The same man can make another, a lousy one. We grow up in different homes. We come from different backgrounds. And so we bring different expectations to a marriage.

One woman expects love and fidelity. Another expects financial security.Some women marry for love. Others marry for tradition. Some women expect bliss after the wedding. Some women expect sacrifice. Some women are forgiving. Some women are not open to compromise.

Different expectations conjure up different images of good husbands. Who doesn't want a man who can cook, who can write poetry and who can move your furniture around when you want to? Well, I don't. I want a man who can do what I can't do. But that, my mother would say, is my biggest problem.But I don't have a problem with a man not knowing how to do the things I can do. It's he who usually has a problem with that.

There is no perfect man. But there is a perfect match for every woman. Most people think that like minds make a perfect match. But how much passion and excitement can you bring into a relationship when you both love pasta,s alsa and Salvador Dali? If we thought, ate and dressed completely alike, how far could we really grow beyond ourselves and our common interests?

I think that a good husband is someone who does not necessarily love and like everything that you think, say or do but someone who endeavors to accept your eccentricities and experiences because his love for you is larger than his priorities and preferences. A good husband is a man who loves you for who you are and all that you hope to be in an imperfect world.

At different times in my life, I vacillated on the best reason for getting married. When I was young and starry-eyed, it was love. When I grew older and bitter, it became convenience. Now that I am yet much older but unexpectedly happier, I believe with all my heart that it should never be for anything but love.

So, where do you find good husbands? Well, every woman should know. Looking for a good husband is much like going shopping. When you know what you want, it's fast and easy. But when you walk aimlessly through the mall, you mostly end up with impulse goods or nothing at all. If you want to find the man you want, you need to find yourself first. After all, it's pretty easy to find what you want when you know what it is, even in the crowd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"SALUBONG" - SEMANA SANTA 2019

I WAS RAISED AS ROMAN CATHOLIC BY MY PARENTS. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, I WAS CONVERTED TO BAPTIST. THEN MY JOURNEY AS A BIBLE BELIEVER AND MY CURIOSITY TO KNOW RELIGION BECOMES STRONGER.  I FOUND MYSELF STUDYING THE BIBLE IN BETHANY BAPTIST BIBLE COLLEGE IN DIAN ST. MAKATI CITY. THERE, I FINISHED MY BASIC BIBLE COURSE. THEN I PURSUE MY BACHELOR OF THEOLOGY DEGREE IN CENTRAL BIBLE COLLEGE. I ALSO TOOK SPECIAL COURSES IN PRESBYTERIAN THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY WHERE I FINISH MY SPECIAL COURSE IN THEOLOGY. I HEARD ABOUT "SALUBONG" DURING SEMANA SANTA, AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, SEEN THIS DURING MY CHILDHOOD BUT MY MEMORIES HAS BEEN ERASED BY SO MANY NEW INPUTS ENTERED TO MY BRAIN. FROM A REFORMED CATHOLIC VIEW AND FROM WHAT I WITNESSED THIS MORNING, LET ME TELL YOU THE STORY OF THE "SALUBONG".  THE WHOLE CHRISTIANITY WAS SADDENED BY THE NEWS OVER THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST THROUGH CRUCIFIXION MUCH MORE MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS BEAR THE PAIN.

FIRE DANCERS OF PUERTO GALERA

IF YOU HAPPEN TO SPEND YOUR REST AND RECREATION IN WHITE SAND BEACH RESORT OF PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES, YOUR DAY WILL NEVER BE COMPLETED WITHOUT SEEING THE FIERY PERFORMANCE OF FIRE DANCERS OF PUERTO GALERA WHO DANCES TO ENTERTAIN THEIR GUESTS ON DONATION BASIS ONLY. THIS VIDEO IS COURTESY OF MY FRIEND MS. FRANCES KATHLEEN REYES FERRER. I PERSONALLY ENJOY THIS AND HOPE THAT MY READERS WILL ALSO LIKE IT. SO ENJOY WATCHING THIS VIDEO.

WHAT HAS BEEN BROKEN IS BROKEN

"Nothing is ever truly broken". That is the philosophy behind the ancient Japanese Arts of Kintsugi, which repairs smashed pottery by using beautiful seams of gold. This practice started way, way back in the 15th Century when Japanese Military Commander Ashikaga Yoshimasa accidentally broke one of his favorite Chinese tea pot. (picture taken from BBC Arts Get Creative) Because he loves so much the tea pot, Commander Yoshimasa went to repair shop to get it fixed.But he was dismay over the result. From then on, Japanese Craftsmen come up with more pleasing method of repair. As you can see it from the illustration above and because of the treatment and application being applied no trace of evidence that it was formerly broken into pieces. I wish that this method of fixing broken teapots either made of glass or ceramic can also be applied in our relationship once it was broken into pieces. Carrie Jones, Entice said;"You know, life fractures us all into little p