Skip to main content

I CRIED FOR MY COUNTRY TOO


Like the rest of us, I care not only for myself. I cared about my family, my friends and of course my country. I believe I am not only the one who had passion like this. 

It is sad to know that in the eyes of a guy like Jaeyon Kim, a Korean student,  seems that nobody cares about our country

Martin Luther King Jr. once said “Our lives begins to end the day we become silent about the thing that matter”.

 When President Park of South Korea went to Germany for state visit. Hundreds of Korean workers lined up at the airport waiting for their leader to arrive. When the President set foot at the Tarmac, his countrymen were crying. Once asked, Sir, when can be well off? “The leader answered,” We shall be well of soon if everybody worked hard for his country.”

The German chancellor was move on what his saw and lent South Korea the money needed for recovery.

Finally, Jeayon Kim asked us in his essay,” Have you cried for the Philippines? I have cried for Korea several times. I have also cried for Filipinos seeing so many people suffering from poverty. But have you cried for your own country?”

The question post a gargantuan challenge a call for renewed and revitalized Philippine nationalism. However, it is sad to note that it came from a young Korean student and not from one of us. Maybe we have been preoccupied by our prejudices that we failed to see what the real problem is. Perhaps, we have been looking at the wrong direction all this year.

What is the real root of Philippines dilemma? Many would blame it on leadership and politics. Filipinos have been intoxicated much in grabbing power that we virtually do everything just to get elected. Friends, the kinds of politics reflects our character us a people.

The administration and opposition in our country have been hanging neck to neck with one another making a fiasco over the dignified world of governance. Poor leadership is sinking the boat.

The truth is we would point our fingers to almost everything just excuse ourselves from responsibilities when something goes wrong. Blame it corruption, high prices of crude oil of the world market, the regional currency crises, insurgency, rebellion, destabilization, so on and so forth.

Come on let us identify once and for all the seemingly hopeless situation. We are the cause of the dilemma. We are the dangerously structured damns blocking the flow of our own social progress. When we shall realized that a countries well-being depends on people? The choice is ours. We should become the architect that would draw the blueprints of better future for this land or become the debacles that would expedite its imminent doom.

I can’t blame the young Korean student if he feels sorry for us. These are really difficult times from the Philippines. How I just wish my good friend that you had only looked closer and stayed longer in our country…. You might have been able to see the glimmer of hope sparkling in the eyes of the Filipino youth.

Jaeyon Kim, you were not able to witness the determination a young one dela Cruz us he burns the midnight oil for good education. You were not able to see the struggles if thousands in my generation to work at an early age to help and support their families. You were not able to test the skills and craftsmanship of these youthful hands that one day will bring our nation the laurel of global competition.

Let me end this, with the vibrant words of a Filipino Canadian name Franco Varona “Just be patient and watch the younger moves into place. You will plans put into effect that were formulated, and perfected which were fuelled by years anger of poverty we now see.”


A man came to me with sadness in his eyes, He told me he wanted to help before his country die although I don’t feel the pain but  I know how he feels. Now I'm asking you my friends to help save some lives.

Ladies and gentlemen hear the voice of the Filipino Youth.  Jaeyon Kim, Yes! We have cried for our country!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"SALUBONG" - SEMANA SANTA 2019

I WAS RAISED AS ROMAN CATHOLIC BY MY PARENTS. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, I WAS CONVERTED TO BAPTIST. THEN MY JOURNEY AS A BIBLE BELIEVER AND MY CURIOSITY TO KNOW RELIGION BECOMES STRONGER.  I FOUND MYSELF STUDYING THE BIBLE IN BETHANY BAPTIST BIBLE COLLEGE IN DIAN ST. MAKATI CITY. THERE, I FINISHED MY BASIC BIBLE COURSE. THEN I PURSUE MY BACHELOR OF THEOLOGY DEGREE IN CENTRAL BIBLE COLLEGE. I ALSO TOOK SPECIAL COURSES IN PRESBYTERIAN THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY WHERE I FINISH MY SPECIAL COURSE IN THEOLOGY. I HEARD ABOUT "SALUBONG" DURING SEMANA SANTA, AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, SEEN THIS DURING MY CHILDHOOD BUT MY MEMORIES HAS BEEN ERASED BY SO MANY NEW INPUTS ENTERED TO MY BRAIN. FROM A REFORMED CATHOLIC VIEW AND FROM WHAT I WITNESSED THIS MORNING, LET ME TELL YOU THE STORY OF THE "SALUBONG".  THE WHOLE CHRISTIANITY WAS SADDENED BY THE NEWS OVER THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST THROUGH CRUCIFIXION MUCH MORE MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS BEAR THE PAIN.

FIRE DANCERS OF PUERTO GALERA

IF YOU HAPPEN TO SPEND YOUR REST AND RECREATION IN WHITE SAND BEACH RESORT OF PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO, PHILIPPINES, YOUR DAY WILL NEVER BE COMPLETED WITHOUT SEEING THE FIERY PERFORMANCE OF FIRE DANCERS OF PUERTO GALERA WHO DANCES TO ENTERTAIN THEIR GUESTS ON DONATION BASIS ONLY. THIS VIDEO IS COURTESY OF MY FRIEND MS. FRANCES KATHLEEN REYES FERRER. I PERSONALLY ENJOY THIS AND HOPE THAT MY READERS WILL ALSO LIKE IT. SO ENJOY WATCHING THIS VIDEO.

WHAT HAS BEEN BROKEN IS BROKEN

"Nothing is ever truly broken". That is the philosophy behind the ancient Japanese Arts of Kintsugi, which repairs smashed pottery by using beautiful seams of gold. This practice started way, way back in the 15th Century when Japanese Military Commander Ashikaga Yoshimasa accidentally broke one of his favorite Chinese tea pot. (picture taken from BBC Arts Get Creative) Because he loves so much the tea pot, Commander Yoshimasa went to repair shop to get it fixed.But he was dismay over the result. From then on, Japanese Craftsmen come up with more pleasing method of repair. As you can see it from the illustration above and because of the treatment and application being applied no trace of evidence that it was formerly broken into pieces. I wish that this method of fixing broken teapots either made of glass or ceramic can also be applied in our relationship once it was broken into pieces. Carrie Jones, Entice said;"You know, life fractures us all into little p